Permit Exchanges & Refunds

Parking Permit Exchanges/ Transfers

If you purchase a new vehicle or otherwise need to change your primary car, you can exchange your permit for a replacement provided you turn in your original permit. Parking permits are tamper resistant and may be difficult to remove or come off in pieces. These pieces need to be returned. Afterwards, please stop by Weizenblatt Hall with your original permit, new vehicle registration, and ID.

If the original permit is not returned, you will be charged a $40 replacement fee. Students will have this fee added to their Student Account, all others will need to pay with either cash or check at Weizenblatt Hall. If your vehicle or permit was in an accident or stolen, this fee will be waived if you provide a copy of the insurance declaration.

Parking Permit Refunds

Students who transfer, withdraw, or graduate from UNC Asheville may apply for a partial, prorated refund for parking decals. Student permits devalue by $25 on the first of each month beginning September 1st. No refunds are granted after March 31st as the value of a student permit depreciates to $0 on April 1st.

Requesting a Refund

To request a refund, you must complete the Permit Return Form (below) as well as peel off your decal and return both to Weizenblatt Hall. Decals are designed to come off in pieces, please turn in enough of your permit as possible to verity the permit number and ensure it is no longer valid. Faculty and staff may be asked to provide information on their initial form of payment.

Submission of a permit without a completed Permit Return Form or for an ineligible reason may result in forfeiture of the permit without reimbursement. If you have questions regarding eligibility please contact the Transportation office before proceeding

Permit Return Form

Refund Payments

Students will receive a credit to their student account. Faculty and staff members will be issued a check for the remaining balance via mail.