Registering for a Permit
All students bringing a vehicle to campus must register for a permit. To register a vehicle you will need the following information:
- Vehicle year
- Vehicle make/model (e.g., Subaru WRX)
- Vehicle color
- License plate number and state
- Vehicle owner information
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and will be mailed a permit to the address of your choice. You will also receive a two week temporary permit you await delivery. UNC-Asheville does not replace permits mailed to the wrong address due to user error.
- $200 (August-August)
- $5 for daily permits
- $25 for weekly permits
- $40 for motorcycle permits (over 50cc)
- $40 for Moped permits (under 50cc)
Student permits are separated into two types:
- Resident (R)
- Non-Resident (NR)
You can explore parking locations using the Interactive Campus Map.
- Resident students must park in Resident or All Permit lots at all times, even after hours and weekends.
- All Permit lots: anyone with a valid decal or permit can access; Faculty/Staff, Visitors, Students, and Community Members.
Vehicle in the shop? Driving another car because of bad weather? You can pick up a temporary parking permit at Weizenblatt Hall 24/7 free of charge provided you already have a valid parking permit.
After the conclusion of Spring classes, registered summer students are eligible to purchase a summer permit for non-resident spaces for a reduced fee of $20. Permits purchased earlier in the year are valid until the start of fall classes and a summer permit does not need to be purchased.