Registering for a Permit
All students (degree and non-degree seeking) are eligible and must purchase a parking permit to park on UNCA property. Classification does not effect eligibility (i.e. freshmen or >30 credit hour earned transfer)
To register a vehicle, you will need the following information:
- Vehicle year
- Vehicle make/model (e.g., Subaru WRX)
- Vehicle color
- License plate number and state
- Vehicle owner information
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and will be mailed a permit to the address of your choice. You will also receive a two-week temporary permit you await delivery. UNC Asheville does not replace permits mailed to the wrong address caused by user error.
Resident students can receive mail on campus at the Student Mail Center. Please visit https://highsmith.unca.edu/in-the-union/services-resources/for more information.
- $5 for daily permits
- $25 for weekly permits
- $40 for motorcycle permits (over 50cc)
- $40 for Moped permits (under 50cc)
Student permits are categorized into two types:
- Resident (lives on campus)
- Non-Resident (lives off campus)
You can explore parking locations using the Interactive Campus Map.
- Resident students must park in Resident or All Permit lots, Monday-Friday 7am-5pm (when classes are in session)
- Non-Resident students and Community Members must park in Non-resident or All Permit lots, Monday-Friday 7am-5pm (when classes are in session)
- All Permit lots: anyone with a valid decal or permit can access; Faculty/Staff, Visitors, Students, and Community Members.
Vehicle in the shop? Driving another car because of bad weather? You can request a temporary parking permit by emailing email@example.com. Please provide your temporary vehicle’s information (year, make, model, color & license plate). The only requirement is that you have already purchased a valid, full-year sticker.
After the conclusion of Spring classes, registered summer students are eligible to purchase a summer permit at a reduced fee of $20. Academic year permits are valid through the summer months and do not need to be supplemented with a Summer Permit.